Posted by: joey | 2003/03/15


Ek was by 'n spesialis, en my man het gesê ek moet die konsultasiefooi betaal. Ons het 'n mediese fonds, maar toe die rekening kom, is die helfte vd fooi aan die dokter betaal ! Ek was onder die indruk ons sou die volle konsultasiefooi terug kry. My man weier om my enige geld wat oor gebly het, te gee, so ek kry niks terug nie. Dis mos verkeerd, ons het 'n lelike argument gehad. Hy sê elke rand kom hom toe. Wat kan ek doen ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Dear joey,
Hard to tell. Maybe your husband feels that if he pays for the Medical Aid monthly costs, he should receive any refunds due ? But if the Medical Aid stems from your own work, it's got nothing to do with him, does it ! In my experience, the specific rules of diferent medical aids can differ more than you expect ; some expect what they consider a "co-payment", with the patient bearing part of the cost of consultations, to try to discourage those who abuse the system by requesting more consultations than are necessary. Check with your medical aid as to what specifically the rules provide for. And if it's yours, rather than you being covered by your husband's medical aid, arrange for any refunds to be paid into your bank acount, or by checks made out to you personally.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.