Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/12/07

gay relationship problems

My partner and I are almost 9 years together, I only recently (last year) told my family that I'm gay. They excepted it after a lot of tears and pain. My partner and I have had a couple of rough periods in our life together, but somehow we manage to hang on, but little things that happened concerning my family,my attitude etc are growing into mountains and cause a lot of arguments and upsets in our relationship. I love her dearly and don't want to loose her, could you please advice what to do and if possible give me some names of councellors who will be able to assist us. . Thanks a lot

See my later respnses to your messaes, about seeking relationship counselling., and where to look for recommendations of good local counsellors to meet your needs. Sorry you got such fatuous replies from some --- which now seem to have been removed from the site, as anything resembling hate-speech usually would be.
mmm, maybe we need more self-help groups for bigots ?

9
Posted by: worried | 2004/12/07

Mmm what difference does it make to you? I'm not involved with you or one of your family members, people living in glass houses should not through stones..........I'm not judging you and telling you that it is wrong to be straight.

Reply to worried
Posted by: mmm | 2004/12/07

U know u r wrong being gay...!!!

Reply to mmm
Posted by: worried | 2004/12/07

Thank you Paris, I'll be patient.

Reply to worried
Posted by: Tee (oh dear oh dear oh dear) | 2004/12/07

Hi worried,

What kind of problems are you having?? Has your girlfriend said that she wants to leave you??
You say that "your family" "your attitude" are growing into mountains - is the problem maybe with you??
Do you belong to a church? Like Paris has said, many churches are open minded and should be able to help.

Reply to Tee (oh dear oh dear oh dear)
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/07

CS will more than likely assist you. His really on the ball. Just be patient, his got a lot of problems to deal with.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: worried | 2004/12/07

oh dear, oh fear and PARIS - Thank you for your reply. I can just hope that SC will assist me.

Reply to worried
Posted by: worried | 2004/12/07

Cybershrink - please assist me.

Reply to worried
Posted by: PARIS | 2004/12/07

I cant believe the pathetic replies this poor girl has gotten from Oh dear and Tic Tac. Shows you just how ignorant you guys are. Take your blinkers off. Do you really think its only Gays/Lesbians that get Aids? Honestly, people like you two make me sick.

To Worried. I dont know of any councellours. CS may be able to help you out there. Maybe you could try your church for a few sessions. Dont know what they are like but i trust they would be supportive and offer some advise. Also like the posting above mine, communication is always the key to a healthy relationship.

Keep us posted Babe, and dont listen to these two half witts either. They're a waste of air.

PARIS
XXX

Reply to PARIS
Posted by: oh dear oh dear oh dear | 2004/12/07

Oh dear,

What a pathetic reply. Are YOU not concerned that YOU could get AIDS from you partner.

These are two woman, and from my knowledge of gays, woman are very faithfull to there partners, unlike SOME husbands and wifes. You are more likely to get aids yourself than 2 woman.

Worried,
You have made it through nine years together, and you still love her, you can and will work it out - sorry I dont know any councellors.
TALK TO HER - communication is the best.

Reply to oh dear oh dear oh dear