advertisement
Question
Posted by: Donna | 2005/12/09

Gay marriage - the 'facts'

Ten reasons why gay marriage is WRONG / RIGHT, take a look...


01) Being gay is not natural. Real South Africans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) *NB* Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in South Africa.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Interesting satire, Donna --- I suspect many readers will plough through this one very very seriously, wihout recognizing that it IS a satire !
Who was the comedian who admitted that HIS objection to legalizing gay mariages was that he'd have to buy so many more wedding presents ?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

9
Our users say:
Posted by: Brad | 2005/12/10

Wendyy love, we don't need u to agree and FANTASTIC that u find this offensive - its what gay people must put up with all the time, every single day of our lives. But I'm really curious - what part of this post do u find offensive?

Reply to Brad
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/12/09

It's the right to chose more than anything. To have options that others have :)

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

Lady Nina,
You comment is negative with no frail of hope for any kind of relationship.

if it has a 66% chance of failure, why not fight for the 34% that can be succesful!?

Reply to Delene
Posted by: lady nina | 2005/12/09

hi there

1 out of 3 marriage ends in divorce and 1 of the remaining 2 are unhappy - i never could understand why they fight for something that has a 66 % failure rate
.....

nina

Reply to lady nina
Posted by: Don | 2005/12/09

Hi Donna,

So true!!!!!!!!,stuff these other comments!!

Cheers

Reply to Don
Posted by: N. | 2005/12/09

I saw this on the gay and lesbian forum as well - LOVE it :)

Reply to N.
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/09

Its abit of humor....
Dont have to agree/disagree....just read
And nothing a offensive????

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Wendyy | 2005/12/09

i don't agree with everything and i think some are very offending.

Reply to Wendyy
Posted by: Jillybean | 2005/12/09

No offence - but I don't agree with everything...

Reply to Jillybean

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement