Question
Posted by: foxsuperstar | 2008/01/17

Gay guys can be so delusional

I woz at Risque about a 2 weeks ago, just sitting on one of the couches with my mate when i over heard a group of guys talking (they were standing right ontop of me),and the one guy said, "every guy just keeps getting uglier and uglier", now this guy woz one of the biggest trolls I've ever seen, and I just thought to myself "oh my f..k!!!"
Dont mean to be vain, but i turn quite a few heads when i go out, and hearing this, i woz in such shock, i actually wanted to laugh.
When u walk thru a club or bar and u get these guys that think they'er greek adonis's,ahhhhhh wot a joke...

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Foxsuperstar (snappy name!) and welcome to the forum....

I agree with you totally in terms of the queer community's generally superficial emphasis on appearance. Which is very sad for all of us.

In the February issue of The Pink Tongue, Cape Town's gay newspaper, I'll be writing about the "gay stock exchange" and the primary "shares" that enjoy major value in some elements of our sub-culture: 1) youth, 2) bodiliness and physical appearance, 3) materialism, including profession, where you live and the car you drive, 3) the size of your dick (for guys), and 4) your access to recreational drugs (certainly for guys).

This may only be applicable to Cape Town but generally there's little space for personality, values, norms, aspirations, interests and other factors that determine our individuality within gay subcultures.

Its VERY tough out there if someone want to “trade” on the gay exchange and in spite of being subject to discrimination ourselves we somehow continue to perpetuate this by discriminating against our own kind. A very sad reflection on us all…

Please keep posting.

5
Posted by: Nikkits | 2008/01/21

LOL, shame

Superficial born, superficial bred,

Strong in the arm BUT weak in the head ....

LOL

DragonBane, what is wrong with most "pretty guys" is, that is all they have "superficial looks" ........

Siestog mamma se superficial seuntjies ehehehehe

xxxxxxxx
Nikkits

Reply to Nikkits
Posted by: dragonbane | 2008/01/21

Expert, could you put your article on the forum once it's done? It sounds pretty interesting... gay stock exchange... hehe

Reply to dragonbane
Posted by: Chameleon_boy | 2008/01/19

I totally agree, look i am overweight and far from what you'll ever expect to be on the cover of a magazine (maybe weigh less?) lol, and i am ok with it, what ticks me off is the guys that will sneer at you and comment on you, i personally feel that inner beauty is more important, not that there is anything wrong with pretty guys! its just that some pretty guys are into looks alone and doesnt give a toss about what a psycho his new hot lover might be...

Just my opinion...

Reply to Chameleon_boy
Posted by: New Guy | 2008/01/18

It is sad that ppl can be so superficial. So what if a guy is "ugly" - Ugly according to whose standards? Hollywood? Bollywood? Who says that the actors are so goodlooking anyway (have you considered the lights/camera/makeup that these actors are exposed to, in order to enhance their looks. Any1 can look good after all that effort.

There's nothing wrong with going for what your attracted to, but that does not mean that what yr not attacted to is ugly!!

Let's try to not judge ppl by their looks, beauty fades anyway but your personlity will be with you till the end!

Just my opinion!

Reply to New Guy
Posted by: GET REAL | 2008/01/18

TRUE DUDE TRUE ITS ALL IN THE MIND - AND ITS CALLED "A CULTURE" BELEIVE IT OR NOT...............

Reply to GET REAL