Posted by: Need help!!! | 2008/07/16

Gay Doctor

Hi there,

Could someone please assist me as to help me with a Gay doctor or Gay friendly doctors contact details in the Jhb area. I am new to the area and need to go to a Doctor that understands the way i feel..

I was married for twelve years and our family doctor told my x-wife everything about me turning gay. What he does not know or realise is that you dont turn gay. So there is a bit of hard feelings between us.

I met this wonderfull man and want to commit to him. He is 39yrs and i am 34yrs. before we go to the seriouse part of our relationship i would want both of us to go for tests. we know each other for six months now and i want someone to fall in love with me and not just for the sex. Both of us feel that way..

Please if you know any details of such a Doctor would you please be so kind as to forward it to me...

Kind Regards

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Needs Help - I see you've been pointed in the right direction by Ari and Deeve. You can also look for Dr Dennis Sifris in the Jhb telephone directory.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/09

ha gay

Reply to Anonymous
Posted by: Deeve | 2008/07/17

Heavens....Your Doctor is a paid 'Service' provider who works under a strict code of ethics! How could he possibly divulged anything you told him in confidence? You're right...find someone else fast, and don't ever go near that Quack again! He DOES know you don't turn Gay, he just told your Ex that because she went crying to him, and it's very eveident that he's homophobic!
Other Medicross Centres also have very proffessional Gay friendly Doctors - the Randburg one is another you could try. Don't loose hope just because of one idiot out there...

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Ari | 2008/07/17

I go to the Meldene Medicross Clinic on Main Street in Melville. The staff is gay friendly and my doctor is gay. Just ask at reception and they will point you in the right direction. That's what I did. They have many gay clients and are used to us.

Reply to Ari

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.