Question
Posted by: Splats | 2007/03/12

Gastroscopy

My doctor refered me to a gastroentorolgist as i have suffer from a sore throat every morning, this could be due to reflux. Medications have not worked, and I have started getting a pain in my chest behind the breast bone in teh morning and after eating, sometimes during eating. Today my throat had a numb sensation.
I have suffered from reflux all my life.
The gastroentorologist booked me for a gastroscopy this week.

The reason why I'm writing is I would like to now what to expect and if the recurrent sore throat could be caused by something else, rather than reflux?

Dear Splats
I think it's wise to go for the gastroscopy - the symptoms seem to be related to reflux.
see http://www.gihealth.com/html/test/gastroscopy.html
It is a bit uncomfortable but not painful at all!

1
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/03/12

Just my opinion: but it sound as if you have a HIATUS HERNIA that is causing you trouble. If you have acid reflux for a long period, you can get CANCER in the long term! Good luck!

Reply to Cornel