Question
Posted by: Niz | 2004/12/09

Gastro air release

I am 39 yrs, 91 kg, 1.76cm. I used to suffer acidity problems for 10 years and was on numerous chronic medicine but no more because Aloe vera Health Drink helps me meaning the acidity problem is resolved. IBS became a problem for me but I stopped all spicy food. Now only only grilled food, no bread, no salt and IBS stopped. But now I have a flatulence and burping problem sometimes midday and after evening meals by 6h30 latest and I don't not fall asleep then get up till midnight and surf on the net like now. I think this is related to my colon. What may I do to recify this? GIGO - Garbage In Garbage Out in the computer field. Nutrition field is no different. You best proposal please. Thank you.

Dear Niz
I think you still suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Two of the most important factors in IBS are a lack of dietary fibre and stress. To increase your dietary fibre intake and obtain tips about this condition, click on ‘Diet', ‘You are what you eat' and "Healthy GI tract'. If you suffer from flatulence and bloating, you will have to experiment with the foods you eat that may cause problems with a spastic colon (raw onions, garlic, cucumber, green peppers, very spicy foods and condiments, gas-cold drinks, fruits that contain pips such as guavas, figs, etc). This is often an individual reaction and you will have to keep a food diary to see what foods cause this problem and then cut them out. Your doctor will also be able to prescribe medicines which can relieve the flatulence such as Bevispas, so chat to your doctor about such medications.
To relieve stress I would recommend that you should learn relaxing techniques, how to do deep breathing exercises and some form of physical exercise which is also relaxing, such as yoga. Going for brisk walks in the fresh air also helps to relieve tension. Rather do deep breathing and relaxing exercises than surfing the net when you should be relaxed and asleep.