Posted by: Anna | 2008/06/10


Had a gastroscopy and doctor indicated mild gastrites. Gave me Klasid and Moxypon to take for 10 days. Burning pain still remains in upper stomach area. Is there anything I can use without going back to the doctor.
Also, my spleen calsified and was removed in March 2007, have pain over the area and doctor says its arthrites. Can this happen after a splenectomy and what can I use for the pain which will not affect my stomach please.
Thank you for your advise

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anna
Yes you can take Mucaine for the pain as needed with your Klacid and Moxypen. You can also get some Zantac 75 to use twice daily if he did not give you any anti-acids to use.
Arthritis is inflammation in a joint and there is no joint over the spleen area so I am doubtful of this diagnosis. Maybe you should get a second opinion. (By the way Peptic ulcer/gastritis can give you referred pain to the upper abdomen L or R.)For pain Panado will be safe, if really sore you can try Dolorol Forte which contains a bit of codeien too.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.