Posted by: lara | 2004/12/02

Gastric bypass?

Are there surgeons in South Africa who perform gastric bypasses? If so could you please provide his/her contact information.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Lara
I don't have their contact details, but there are certainly surgeons who do these ops. Ask your gp to refer you.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: lara | 2004/12/03

i have tried numerous diets and still not losing anything. i have gone as far as psychologists, psychiatrists, etc but don't seem to be winning. I think gastric bypass is the only solution.HELP

Reply to lara
Posted by: fatty | 2004/12/02

why don't you try weigh less or a dietician first.?? Its a very big step to take!

Try phoning a gastro-intestinal specialist (a big hospital will give you names of some).

Reply to fatty

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.