Question
Posted by: gassyi | 2005/06/17

gas in pregnancy another question

I did ask you about gas in pregnancy. I would like to know when does gas get dangerous. I am in the candle making business, and when it's cold I only leave my back door of our garage open (double garage) when I make candles. I have a 3 point gas burner.
Please advise. If I would be smelling leaking gas, would it affect my baby and when 4 weeks pregnant. Thank you so much for a great website, it is so nice to be able to ask a doc on line questions like these, that may sound stupid to someone else, but are important to me, cause I dont want to do anything to harm my unborn baby. Please advise that the way I make my candles with only one door open if it would do any harm. I did do it the other day.
Thanks doc....
Kind regards

Unlikely that this would have an effect on your baby but you do need to give the work place as much air as possible

1
Posted by: Poolnymph | 2005/06/17

I think the safest would be to ensure that you have good ventilation, ie, that the air flow is such that any excess gas can pass out of the room you're working in. Also, I think take regular breaks and get some fresh air, just to ensure that you don't get any gas build up in your blood stream.
Hope this helps.

God Bless.

Reply to Poolnymph