Question
Posted by: Interested | 2004/10/25

Garyt?

I cycle but am interested in Mountain Biking, how do you get started, is there a club you join etc etc? any info would be appreciated, thanks.

There are mountain bike groups, though I would not know who to send you to, I don't know where you are staying. I think that to start, the best way to go about it is to find a group of like minded people, whether this means you go along to a CycleLab or another cycling training center (Virgin Active also has a club these days), and find a group of guys that is what you need to do. So, look up Cyclelab, or otherwise in Cape Town, Bike Max is good. Unfortunately because cycling involves a good deal of time and equipment, it's not quite the same as running, where there are plenty of formal clubs who get together often and train - cycling tends to be a little more informal and impromptu, but there are definitely groups out there who do ride.

1
Posted by: garyt | 2004/10/27

depends where you are? if you in dbn mail me

mtb rocks

cheers

Reply to garyt