Posted by: Liezle | 2013/02/18


Good day

I have a garnishee order against my salary for R900.00 my youngst son now lives with me, and my older children are working and support themselve, how do i get the garnishee removed as my x husband is no longer looking after my son.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFamily law expert

If the garnishee order was made ito a maintenance court order you will need to approach the court to set aside the existing maintenance order.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon | 2013/02/18


Firstly you need to get the maintenance order amended and then the garnishee order. For as long as the order is in place, then the garnishee will remain in force.

The garnishee is effectively implementation of the original order and could only have brought about because of non payment by you.

Therefore you have to show that the need for the original order no longer exists. This should be simple if what you say is true. The adjustment of the original order should be by agreement.

Go to your local maintenance office / magistrates court.

Reply to Anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.