Posted by: me | 2005/07/11

gang raped

does being gang raped mean I have to go see a gynae? The rape was not reported but I was treated! Im only a 17 year old girl and do not see a gynae

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You should see a gynaecologist and will need regular pap smears.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Thabs | 2005/07/11

I'm so sorry nana about what happened. Pls seek counselling and if and when you're ready then report the case. Pls go to a clinic and explain to them what happened, you will then get to see a dr who will do all sorts of tests, provde ART's/AZT to prevent HIV and refer you to a counsellor. I think a public clinic will be free

Pls go asap
hang in there and I'm praying for you.

Reply to Thabs
Posted by: Fee | 2005/07/11

Hey me,

I am so sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. I think that it would be a good idea to go see the gynae, even though you have been treated. Also it will be beneficial to you to go for some counselling especially since you did not report the rape.

Reply to Fee
Posted by: karin | 2005/07/11

i agree with tina, see a dr for tests and also councelling to deal with your trauma, get help from your family, i wish you all the best and hope you will be ok, talk to us if you need too. xx

Reply to karin
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/11

Hi me

I'm so sorry to hear that - that's terrible!!! If you weren't protected with a condom and you suspect you might be pregnant, then I'd say yes, rather go. Also, there might be a chance of STD's... You can never be too safe so if you suspenct something isn't 'normal' then rather go.

Once again, I'm sorry sorry!

Reply to Tina

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.