Question
Posted by: me | 2005/07/11

gang raped

does being gang raped mean I have to go see a gynae? The rape was not reported but I was treated! Im only a 17 year old girl and do not see a gynae

You should see a gynaecologist and will need regular pap smears.

4
Posted by: Thabs | 2005/07/11

I'm so sorry nana about what happened. Pls seek counselling and if and when you're ready then report the case. Pls go to a clinic and explain to them what happened, you will then get to see a dr who will do all sorts of tests, provde ART's/AZT to prevent HIV and refer you to a counsellor. I think a public clinic will be free

Pls go asap
hang in there and I'm praying for you.

Reply to Thabs
Posted by: Fee | 2005/07/11

Hey me,

I am so sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. I think that it would be a good idea to go see the gynae, even though you have been treated. Also it will be beneficial to you to go for some counselling especially since you did not report the rape.

Reply to Fee
Posted by: karin | 2005/07/11

i agree with tina, see a dr for tests and also councelling to deal with your trauma, get help from your family, i wish you all the best and hope you will be ok, talk to us if you need too. xx

Reply to karin
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/11

Hi me

I'm so sorry to hear that - that's terrible!!! If you weren't protected with a condom and you suspect you might be pregnant, then I'd say yes, rather go. Also, there might be a chance of STD's... You can never be too safe so if you suspenct something isn't 'normal' then rather go.

Once again, I'm sorry sorry!

Reply to Tina