Question

Gamma GT level

G'day, I recently took out a life insuarnce policy and the health report recorded the following for Gamma GT level 106 u/L. Is this abnormal/excessive? I don't drink (on average) more than 7 units a week. The upper limits are mentioned at 39-50 u/L. I take multi-vit, evening primrose and calcium tablets daily.

Dear Anon
Yes this is a bit high, but gamma GT can increase due to other liver problems too. If all the other liver enzymes were OK, you may need to cut down on your alcohol intake.

2
Posted by: Shera | 2008/04/24

What other enzyme levels must you look out for to know the elevated gamma gt levels indicate a problem other than excessive alcohol consumption?

Reply to Shera
Posted by: Karien | 2008/04/06

According to my insurance policy my Gamma GT levels are 13 u/L. What does that mean?

Reply to Karien