Question
Posted by: Desperate!!!! | 2007/03/02

Gallbladder surgery and weight gain

Lost weight with strict gym regime fast before surgery. Gallbladder had to be removed. Still same training, but gaining weight fast even though I eat better than before surgery.
What medication can I use to do the fat-dissolving role of bile??

Please help!!!!!

Thanx

Dear Desperate
The fact that you gall bladder has been removed, does not mean that you are no longer producing bile, so it is not necessary to take products such as bile salts. If you are gaining weight, it could be that you have increased your energy intake? Please consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that she/he can assess your present diet and help you to make the necessary changes that you lose weight again.
Keep up the good work with the exercise.