Question
Posted by: zana | 2006/07/22

gall stones in pregnancy

I am 21 weeks pregnant (22/07/06) and on the 28/06/06 I had an emergency opp for my appendix, in the search for what was wrong the doctor saw that my gall bladder is full but FULL of Stones and the only treatment left is to have the whole gall bladder removed.The gall stones is at the last stage and they are scared for an infection to start now.
Will my baby survive a 2nd anestetic? what about the treatments and medicines afterwards? what is the worst that can happen if I leave it OR the worst if I have another operation?
Please send some advise/help or what to do?

The operation should not affect your baby. I don't know the details of the medication that you wil need afterwards. Ask the doctor doing the operation to liase with your gynaecologist.