Question
Posted by: tin lizzy | 2010/08/17

gall stones?

A possible heart attack has been ruled out and provisionally diagnosed as gallstones and I am to have colonoscopy, gastroscopy and abominal scan. I have been googling gallsones and although I do not have a paticularly high fat diet I see these can appear for no apparent reason. What I also saw was the association of pancreatitis with this. I am not afriad to have my gallbladder removed if necessary but the thought of a damaged pancreas worries me intensely because I know about the extreme malignance of pancreatic cancer. Will the abdominal scan be sufficient to detect any problem in the pancreas? I know it is being done to detect gallstones but as I say, that is not my main concern.

Hallo Tin Lizzy
the abdominal sonar in combination with blood tests will be able to exclude pancreas disease. Ask your doctor to also check your amylase and lipase levels.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Hallo Tin Lizzy