Question
Posted by: Jan | 2008/01/25

Gall stones

Dear Doc,

I am over 50 and had my yearly medical check. the sonar showed that I have hundreds of small gall stones, my gall bladder is otherwise normal . I have been advised to have my gall bladder removed before any problems arise. I have had no pain and the only other symptoms that I have had have been feeling bloated and uncomfortable from time to time.

Is it advisable to have my gall bladder removed and is there effective alternative treatment.

thank you

Jan

Dear Jan

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you have your gall bladder removed, as complications due to the stones, can arise at any time. There is no alternative treatment.

Kind regards