Question
Posted by: Liz | 2007/03/30

Gall Stones

Due to the fact that my IBS had worsened in terms of pain and bloating, an ultra abdominal and pelvic ultra scan was recommended and this revealed that I have multiple gall stones. However I've searched the internet and found that although bloating is common, the pain I experience under my left rib is not - its apparently supposed to be on the right. I also get the pain beneath my left shoulder blade and into my back. I'm wondering why I'm "not the norm"?

Dear Liz
Gall bladder stones and gall bladder problems give symptoms on the right side - this may have been a co-incidence that the gallstones etc were seen with the sonar and may have nothing to do with the pain on the left side? Pain on the left spreading to the shoulder is sometimes associated with the diaphragm - did they do a chest x/ray as well - could be a lung problem??

1
Posted by: Liz | 2007/04/01

Yes, they did a chest x-ray which was normal and so is my spleen and all the other organs.

Reply to Liz