Posted by: Mickey | 2002/12/05

gall bladder pain

I often experience pain in the area under my right side ribcage after meals. I have been told that this probably the gall bladder and that the pain is likely to occur after one has consumed fatty foods. Lately it seems to happen even when I have not eaten particularly fatty foods. What foods should be avoided? Is there anything one can introduce to the diet which will ease the problem?

Mickey M

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Mickey
It is always a good idea to have such pains checked by a medical doctor, because they can be caused by a wide variety of conditions, e.g. gall bladder problems, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, etc. Let's first get a diagnosis before we start with dietary changes.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.