Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2002/12/05

gall bladder pain

I often experience pain in the area under my right side ribcage after meals. I have been told that this probably the gall bladder and that the pain is likely to occur after one has consumed fatty foods. Lately it seems to happen even when I have not eaten particularly fatty foods. What foods should be avoided? Is there anything one can introduce to the diet which will ease the problem?

Regards,
Mickey M

Dear Mickey
It is always a good idea to have such pains checked by a medical doctor, because they can be caused by a wide variety of conditions, e.g. gall bladder problems, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, etc. Let's first get a diagnosis before we start with dietary changes.