Question
Posted by: Blondie | 2007/07/31

Gaining weight daily

Hope somebody can help, I feel so depressed about my weight gain. I used to weigh about 58kg before a fell pregnant, that's 2 years ago, I've gained 30kg during my pregnancy and now I weigh 68kg and I'm 1.65m tall. Most of my fat sits around my tummy, a lot of people say I need to cut-away these loose skin! I scared of that and I don't have the money.
I eat a balanced dieet, without any results, in fact I'm still gaining!! I eat the following:
* Oats or Muesli with yohurt in the morning (sometimes an egg)
* 10am One Fruit
* Lunch time: Lean meat with salad or just a mixed salad
* 3pm One Fruit
* Dinner: Anything that's on my plate (husband cooks dinner, can't be to fussy), most of the times its braai-meat with veggies or mash.

I don't get time for excersise as I leave home at 6:30am and get home around 6pm. As I write this message my tummy feels so swolen... I don't know why!!!!!
Please,, any suggestions?
Blondie
I open for any suggestions

Dear Blondie
Firstly it is a great achievement that you have lost 20 kg since your pregnancy - this is wonderful. Your present BMI = 25 which is already within the normal range and you only need to lose about 5 kg to have an excellent BMI of 23, so that's not far to go. Your diet sounds fine and you need only check that you do not eat too much fatty meat and large portions at supper. You also need to add at least 2 cups of fat-free milk or yoghurt to your daily intake to ensure that you ingest 1000 mg of calcium a day, which adult women require. The fact that you have abdominal fat and loose tummy skin is probably a result of the pregnancy, which has stretched your skin. The only noninvasive treatment for this kind of condition is to do exercises that target the tummy. Ask Fitness Doc for a set of home exercises that target the tummy. I know you work a very long day and are probably exhausted when you get home, but if you could do these tummy exercises before supper and also start doing an aerobic exercise like skipping for 20 min, it would help with the weight loss and tighten the tummy muscles. Give it a try.
Holding thumbs that you get the situation under control.

1
Posted by: Talita | 2007/08/02

sorry, I'm not a dietician, haha, but I'd say oats or meusli with yogurt in the morning is maybe too much, although I know it's low GI, it isnt always. I'd say maybe swop that for all bran, sliced banana and low fat milk. And drink two glasses of luke warm water. My advice may be wrong! But maybe it can help

Reply to Talita