Question
Posted by: Darlene | 2005/07/11

GAINING INSTEAD OF LOSING WHILE EXERCISING

I'm not a very active person. I used to do ballet, but attended my last class in November last year. I started cardio classes (steps, taebo, bosu ball) 3 weeks ago. I'm not fat, skinny actually. I weigh around 54, am 1.69 m tall. But when I gain, I gain in the waist area-my stomach and love handles! So I started exercising, so that I won't have to eat that healthily, cause I love sweets...
I want to start with pilates classes once a week as well, will this give me a six pack?

But the thing is, since I'ce started with the cardio classes, 3 times a week, for and hour each, it felt as if my stomach gets fatter in stead of fLatter. Why is this? Will this change? And how long will it take me to be entirely flat, with a slight six pack, if you'd have to guess?
Sorry for all the questions, but fitness doc is on holiday, and muscle science expert doesn't answer questions!

Thanx
Darle

Expert ImageArchive

Many questions and many answers! It would be easier to help you if you approached a Biokineticist. They will be able to help with a specific plan for your needs and will take into account all the important related factors. Try the SA Biokinetics Association web site. Thanks and good luck.