Question
Posted by: feel blotted | 2003/01/17

gained 5 pounds, from constipation?

Since I turned 41, this is september of last year, I have gained 5 pounds. I used to weight 100 pounds, I am 5feet 3 inch. I know that I am not overweight but feel very tierd, blotted. I have been experiencing constipation. Cannot see to get out what I have consumed. So this made me try strong laxatives. I feel terrible in the morning. Because of this I try to skip meals, just snack out. my diet is terrible. My skin too. Please help me.

Dear Reader
Seeing that your present BMI = 18,8, which is just above the lowest level of normal, you are certainly not overweight. As you say, your diet is terrible and I wonder if you don't have an eating disorder? You have some of the symptoms: low weight bordering on underweight, tiredness, obsession with purging, obsession with weight when you are so thin already, use of strong laxatives, skipping meals, poor skin. If you do have an eating disorder then you need to consult a clinical dietitian and a psychologist fast. To counteract the constipation you should increase your dietary fibre intake and do some gentle exercise like going for walks. Click on 'Diet' and 'View old diet & food site" and read the articles on 'Dietary fibre' and 'Balanced diet I-IV'.
Take care