Question
Posted by: Nikita | 2008/02/01

GAD??

I just read on your site and i think that i have GAD.<br>General Anxiety Disorder. I have all the symptoms, and it seems like many people dont really understand, i wolud please like to know what i can do, its affecting my life terribly.
Thank-you. Nikita

Maybe you do have GAD --- it's a common disorder. Fortunately, it responds very well to proper treatment, especially with CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) and perhaps some use of medications, such as those which are also used to treat Depression. But you need to be sure of the diagnosis and to get competent advice about selecting the right treatments. Best of all, see a good local psychiatrist for assessment and treatment advice ; at the least, see a good local GP for this. And you should be feeling significantly better within weeks