Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2006/07/21

G's Youngest

School readyness.....

He's turning 6 in may next year he:

cannot count to 10
says lello not yellow
he cant do or undo his shoe laces
he cant do or undo buttons
etc...

Im wanting to put him in a preschool class g wants him to stay in cresche another year, next year....surely he is not getting sufficient teaching in the cresche to prepare him for school ?

I suppose the main issue is --- does the creche have the facilities to help him catch up where he's behind --- or is the school better equipped to do that. And things like counting, shoelaces and buttons --- can't he learn those at home ? Indeed, why didn't he learn those thigns at home ?

3
Posted by: Caz | 2006/07/21

Hi CP Mom...
My eldest went to school even tho he could not do his laces and still could not say the afrikaans "R"... but today he is fine... preschool or grade "0" should prepare him for school, i agree...

Reply to Caz
Posted by: Angelique | 2006/07/21

Why dont you take him for an in depth valuation at a reputable professional, maybe 'arbeids" therapy will benefit him.Sorry I dont know the correct English term for "arbeids terapie".

Reply to Angelique
Posted by: CP MOM | 2006/07/21

Sorry, he cant write his name or know's where he lives.

Reply to CP MOM