Question
Posted by: Eddie | 2007/12/07

G I Levels in food

what is the best recommended G I levels in food which i buy to stay healthy .

Dear Eddie
Generally speaking foods with a low GI (50 or less) would be regarded as the most healthy foods. However, you must keep in mind that there is not reason why you cannot sometimes eat foods with a high GI - they also have their place in a balanced diet and in some instances should be used instead of low-GI foods (e.g. after strenuous exercise eating a high-GI food or drinking a high-GI beverage will replenish your muscle glycogen stores more effectively than it you use low-GI foods/drinks). So base your diet on low-GI foods, but remember that you can sometimes use high-GI foods too.