Posted by: Honest | 2008/08/12

g. herpes

I have been aware that im living with genital herpes for the past three years now. Im reasonably healthy and rarely get sick. My problem is that for these past 3 yrs the sores have been coming back at least twice a month. I am aware that this is incurable and im meant to believe this infection does not destroy my immune system. What should i take or do to at least lengthen the intervals of recurrance. I do take cyclex when i feel that they are about to come up. Thanks

Dear Honest
Ask your doctor to prescribe a course of antiviral medication like valcyclovir, acyclovir or famciclovir tablets within 24 hours of the next outbreak - just when the blisters start. One may be able to eradicate the virus after one or two courses. But you have to take the full course and start very early - as soon as the symptoms start.