Question
Posted by: bibs | 2004/11/10

Fying

we are due to fly to CT with our 15 month old (his first flight) i normally have trouble when landing due to altitude and experience severe earache even after landing (i cry with pain) i also have post nasal drip and hayfever, my son is a lot like me with the hayfever and has had a few bouts of ear infection although hes been fine for some months. Question do you think he will experience these problems on flight? if so what can i do to prevent it other then getting him to chew on an apple and drink fluids while landing?

Advise pls urgent!

Bibs, unfortunately I don’t know your son well enough to even risk a guess. The best would be have your doctor take a look a day or so before you fly to make sure that everything is OK. You can also use Iliadin® nasal spray and Ponstan® 30 minute before descent to try and keep everything from closing up. Good luck.