Question
Posted by: Janet | 2007/04/23

FYBROMYALGIA

Hi doc

I hope that you will be able to help me. i have recentlybeen diagnosed with Fybromyalgia and it has caused havoc with my life over the years. I was prescribed anti-depressants and traquilisers but have refused to take these because they just make me feel worse. I was eventually told about a products called 5HRP (which really helps) and was advised to take supplements like Omega 3 and 6 and Calcuim and magnesium, milk thistle and zinc. I also have raised liver emzymes although I do not drink. The doctor I was seeing could not give me an explanation of the raised emzymes.

I have continious tummy ache and I am getting fatter by the minute - I have always had a weight problem but now it is just getting worse - I am now 35 kilo's overweight. Please tell me if weightgain and the tummy ache can be from the supplements

Expert ImageNatural health

unlikely that the tummy ache and weight gain is due to supplementation. You need to drain your liver - use Liver detox of amipro (shake form) to decrease the raised enzymes and possibly assist with weight loss, use salmon oil 3000mg daily to help control the inflammation (if you are on no anti-coagulants.). acupuncture works well for pain and mental emotional conditions. Continue with the 5HTP.

Dr Debbie