Question
Posted by: Nono | 2008/06/04

Funny tongue

I am 38 weeks pregnant and last week I started having this whitish coat on my tongue. It feels a little scatchy sometimes, like scraped or burnt. I went to my GP and he didn't know what going on, said it usually happens if people are taking anti biotics which I haven't. Suggested gurgling with salt water. It didn't go away and my mid wife suggested Mycostatin yesterday, said the only thing she could think of was oral thrush. I don't have vaginal thrush and nothing else is wrong. I get bouts of bad fatigue, but I put that off to 38 weeks and my BP was a little low. What could it be and should I worry, see a specialist maybe?

Oral thrush would be the first thing to think of. Mention it to your doctor when you next see him/her.

Best wishesi