Question
Posted by: Heart broken | 2007/03/03

Funny sensastion in chest and left arm

I don't know if I should be worried, or if I should go to my GP. For the past few months (4 - 5 months) I have been getting a fluttering feeling in my chest, and it sometimes takes my breath away, it is a terrible feeling and I am on the edge all the time as it feels like my heart is stopping.

I have had a particulary bad day today as I had the fluttering but also a sore feeling on my chest, I don't know if it is muscle related as it seems to be from the front fo my chest to the left side of my back just under the shoulder blade. If I press on my shoulder blade it does feel like a stiff muscle, but my whole left arm feels like a nerve is twitching, and with this my chest feels sore, with a particular spot on my left breast, if I press on it it is sore (there is no lump however). This is now almost 2 months that I have this sore left arm. Can this be a blood clot perhaps?

Doc, can this be my heart? I have had it in the past before, and when I feel like this I am very worried and just want to get to a doctor, but the next day I will be fine again, until the symptoms re-appear.

I don't know what I should do.

I excersise 4 times a week for an hour each with heavy sweating, and lots of cardio without any chest pains.

Your advise would be appreaciated.

Dear Heartbroken
One usually get aggravation of chest pain with exercise if the problem is due to your heart, but the fluttering can be an abnormal heart rythm - so yes - rather see your GP and let him do at least an ECG and maybe a chest x/ray.