Question
Posted by: DANA | 2007/08/14

FUNNY PROBLEM

WHO IT MAY CONCERN

I AM 43 YEARS OF AGE. 2 YEARS AGO I WENT TO THE BLOOD BANK TO DONATE BLOOD, BUT WISH I NEVER DID. MY LIFE SINCE CHANGE SO MUCH EVEN THAT NO DOCTOR CAN FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME.

I NORMALLY SUFFER FROM LOW BLOOD PRESSURE. I AM A NORMAL BUILD HEALTHY MAN. USE TO BE A GOOD SPORTSMEN AND NO REASON TO SUFFER THIS. I DO NOT HAVE ANY CHOLESTEROL PROBLEM.

BUT I HAVE A FEARLY STRESFULL LIVE AND IS NORMALLY A VERY SENSITIVE PERSON.

AFTER I GOT UP FROM THE BLOOD DONATION BED I SUDDENLY FELT A FEELING NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE. I WAS OUT OF CONTROLL, AND FEEL AS IF YOU CANNOT STAY STANDING AND WANT TO FALL OVER. I SAT ON THE FLOOR AND WAIT FOR THE FELING TO GO AWAY THOUGT IT IS OF MY LOW BLOOD PRESSURE. BUT SOME STRANGE THINGS ARE ABOUT TO HAPPENED TO ME. THE PEOPLE HELPED ME BACK AND GAVE ME CHIPS AND COKE TO GET THE BLOOD PRESSURE BACK, TO NO HELP. MY WORK COLUGUES HELP ME HOME WHERE I GOT TO FEEL IF I AM DYING.

I ALLWAYS TEL PEOPLE I THINK THAT IS THE WAY SOMEONE FEELS THAT IS GOING TO DIE. MY WIVE TOOK ME TO HOSPITAL AND THE DOCTOR BOOKED ME IN. THE DOCTORS GAVE ME A DRIP TO GET BACK SOME NUTRIANTS IN MY BODY. THE DOCTORS START TESTING MY BLOOD, HART AND URINE AND ANYTHING THERE IS TO TEST. THEY COULD NOT FIND ANY REASON FOR ME TO FEEL IN SUCH A WAY.

I STARTED TO GET ANXIETY ATTACTS IN SUCH A WAY THAT I COULN’T GO TO A SHOPPING CENTRE THEN MY HART BEET SHOT UP. I COULD’T HANDLE ANY STRESS THAT BEFORE I DID’NT EVEN KNOW OFF.

AFTER 2 YEARS IT IS A LOT BETTER. I WOULD SAY THE STRESS PROBLEM IS ABOUT 95% RESOLVED. MY BLOOD PRESSURE SUDDENLY STILL GOES UP FOR NO REASON 150/98 . THE DOCTORS GAVE ME HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION BUT THEN MY BLOOD PRESSURE GOES SO LOW THAT I WANT TO FAINT. I DO NOT USE ANY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDISAN CURRENTLY.

WHAT I EXPERIENCE IS IN THE MORNING AT ABOUT 10 O’CLOCK I GO THROUGH A BAD PATCH OF FEELING ILL TILL ABOUT 12 O ‘CLOCK THEN START FEELING BETTER.

SOMETIMES MY EYE SIGHT FEELS BLURRY. SOMETIMES I SEE STARS BLINKING BEFORE ME FOR A SHORT PERIOD. THEY TEST ME FOR DIABETES AND FOR MY THIROID GLAND BUT COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG.

I WENT TO SEE THE NEUROSURGEON AND THEY DID A SCAN. THEY DID FIND A LITTLE BIT OF CLOGGED VAINS IN MY BRAIN. THEY SAY IT IS NOT OF HIGH CONCERN BUT GAVE ME ECOTRIN TO TAKE ON A PERMANENT BASIS TO THIN MY BLOOD.

THE NEURO SURGEN SAYS IT HAPPENS THAT YOUR BODY FIGHTS BACK BECAUSE OF LOTS OF STRESS AND BRAKE DOWN. HE SUGGESTS I TAKE STRESSAM TO RESET MY BRAIN. I STOP TAKING THE MEDISAN BECAUSE IT GIVES ME HEADACE.

NEXT I TRIED THE HELP OF A HOMEOPATH. HE SAYS HIS TEST SHOW THAT I HAVE 4 OUT OF A COUNT OF 5 SIGHNS OF HAVING JUPPY FLU. HE ALSO MENTIONED SOMETHING OF A STOMAC DISORDER.

NOWADAY’S I TRIED TO HANDEL AS IT COMES. MOSTLY FEELING A BIT DISSY AND WITH SOME DRUNK IN THE HEAD (VERTIGO ) FEELING. I DO HAVE A SENSITIVE MIDDLE EAR THAT I INHERENT FROM MY MOTHER.

MY LOCAL GP SAYS IT IS POSSIBLE THAT MY BRAIN DID SUFFER FROM LACK OF OXIGEN WITH THE BLOOD DONATION AND LOW BLOOD PRESSURE, AND WILL TAKE TIME TO RECOVER AS SOME PART OF THE BRAIN TAKES OVER OTHER PARTS THAT IS NO LONGER FUNTIONING.

IF I START TALKING FOR A WHILE MY HEAD FEELS BLOWN-UP AND FEELS LIKE GETTING MAD. AS IF THE VIBRATION OF MY VOICE SHAKE MY BRAIN LOOSE. SOMETIMES MY SCALP FEELS LIKE SHRINKING WITH A PINS AND NEEDLES FEELING.

ANOTHER SITUATION THAT DEVELOPED IS THAT JUST AFTER THE INSEDENT I COULD’NT DO MUCH WITH MY ARMS, LIKE SAW A PIECE OF METAL OR WOOD. I DO METAL WORK AFTER HOURS AND DID NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM BEFORE. IT IS NORMALLY JUST AFTER I DID SOME FISICAL WORK THAT I GOT THAT DEAD FEELING OF DYING (FEELI NG VERY BAD) BUT EXIRCIZE WITH MY LEGS THERE WAS NO PROBLEM, WHY JUST MY TOP SIDE OF MY BODY. THIS IS THE MOST NOT UNDERSTANDABLE EFFECT OF THIS SICKNESS NOBODY CAN GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO. IT IS LIKE MY HARD DO NOT GIVE ENOUGH OXIGEN TO MY ARMS OR ARMS CAUSE THIS.

OPERATIONS:
1. VASECTOMY
2. DENTAL INPLANTS
3. METAL SCREW IN KNEE (RUGBY INJURY)

AS YOU CAN WITTNESS THERE DID SOMETHING GO WRONG WITH THE BLOOD DONATION,THE STRESS PART IS UNDERSTANDABLE BUT WHAT OF ALL THE PHYSICAL STUFF. SO WHO KNOWS ALL THE FUNNY THINGS HAPPENED TO ME.?

I AM SICK OF FEELING SICK. IS THERE SOMEBODY WHO PERHAPS HAS THE SLIGTIST IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME.

What an alarming and distressing set of experiences, Dana ! I would think much of the problem, which doesn't sound as though it has been properly managed so far, is related to stress / anxiety, and CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) a specific form of conselling, could enable you to get back in control of all these nasty reactions, and return to a more comfortable and less unpleasant way of life. it is very probably that the "physical" parts of the problems will be caused by the stress and anxiety, rather than the other way round, so dealing properly with the stress, would be the way to go

2
Posted by: John | 2007/08/14

A sudden loss of blood, as experienced by the body, can make one go into "shock". Shock, in this instance, is a state where the body goes on high-alert and tries to defend against further harm (by limiting blood supplies to certain organs and parts of the body). This could, in part, explain the sudden dizziniess and loss of muscular control. But this should have passed soon after.

The rest of the diagnosis is rather colourful, and odd, as if the medical fraternity had been given sight of your medical aid and fallen upon it like a swarm of locusts. The diagnosis by the homeopath, in particular, causes a raised eyebrow. As for the loss of certain functions of your brain due to a lack of oxygen, I can only say, politely, that that is a load of unadulterated chicken crap.

You should consider seeing a good shrink to deal with the anxiety attacks as this seems to be the larger part of your problems. Perhaps you need to check your diet - viz, what you are eating, to make sure that your diet is balanced and healthy. And try to have a healthy lifestyle - no smoking, no drinking (yeah, I know) with some moderate exercise, preferably one drawn up by skilled professional.

Reply to John
Posted by: hm | 2007/08/14

if you inherited the sensative middle ear from your mother did your brothers and sisters get the car and the house?

Reply to hm