Question
Posted by: KIKI | 2008/07/11

FUNNY HEADACHE

The last few days I keep getting a sharp burning pain at the back of my head (at the base of my scull), which lasts for a few minutes and then subsides. It actually woke me up this morning. What can this be? I have a family history of brain aneurysms,so obviously any new sort of headache stresses me out. Please advise.

Kiki

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The headache that you are describing can be from muscle spasm in the posterior cervical area. I recommend that you consult a physiotherapist for exercise and physiotheraphy in the area. A brain aneurysm will not present in this way.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: blah | 2008/07/11

Please seek your docs advice asap.

Reply to blah