Question
Posted by: Hat | 2006/10/30

Funny feeling on forehead stll there

Hello Doc

I have mailed you last week about this numbness I have on my forehead. I went to the doctor today, who said it was sinus. How weird is that as I have never had sinus in my life before. He checked my ears, blood pressure, trought, and I had a slight fever not really of 37. I don't however agree with him, because how can it cause my forehead to be numb, surely sinus is painfull and not pins and needles on my forehead. I don't have any other simptoms of sinus

Can this not be an aneurism, as it seems like I have symptoms of this my neck is also very painful and stiff and I feel somewhat off balance, I struggled swollowing this afternoon, my eyes are sore and sensitive to light, my back is sore and I feel tightness in my chest.

The doctor has given me AC200, drixine and lorano, but this does not help a bit. The funny thing is that the numbess seems to dissapear when I am lying down, but appears again when I sit up straight. I am really worried, should I go back to him, or should I see another doctor. I am just scared this is something serious.

Can this be an aneurism even if I do not suffer from high blood pressure?

Thanks doc

Dear Hat
Please look at this website: http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/facial_paresthesia.htm
One can have an aneurism without having high blood pressure but that would normally give you symptoms in the arms and leg or one half of the face and not just the forehead. If it does not get better ask your doctor to refer you to a neurologist ? It can be a kind of migraine, or it can be early signs of multiple sclerosis ( uncommon in South Africa due to our hot weather)