Posted by: noble | 2008/10/28

funny breathing ( 4 months old)

Why is my daughter breathing like this, there is a grrh sound when she breathes, especially at night, you can even feel it when you have your hand on her back, there is this grr sound , I have already taken her to a GP and he gave me a cough mixter, antibiotics, allergex,Paracectamol, nose drops, but this sound does not get any better, its like she' s blocked in the nose ,

Her breathing is not relaxed, I mean she does not inhaaaaaaaale and exhhhhhhale, its quick short hales, and mixed with these grrh sounds , i really feel like something is not right with my child, please help

Expert ImagePharmacist

The GRRR may be from phlegm that's collected in the lungs/sinus cavities. If the meds (i.e. a mucolytic cough mixture) does not resolve this, I'd suggest physiotherapy. They have treatments for children that are very effective!