Question
Posted by: fungus/pigmentation | 2007/07/20

fungus/pigmentation

Hi doc, thanks for response. below is my initial posting. The pigmentation is white little spots (only on front of body and back: only those areas and dont extend to any visible body parts) what do u mean my skin type? also there is dryish patch (size of R5 coin) on lower back (in middel) which went ago but seems to be back again now. anything else u need to know?

thank you

hi doc.

i had this fungus widely spread on back. doc told me to use celsun shampoo. didnt work. then went to dermatologist, i was put on ketazol for 10 days and nothing. went back to dermatologist who gave me fluzol (i think 2 tablets a month for 3months) nothing. this was all end last year. i moved to jhb since and went to dermatologist here for second opinion. she took skin biopsi, and said it was some post inflamatory pigmentation and that fungus is dead. but my skin still havent cleared, not even slightly?

what/where should i do?

thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi ‘fingus/pigmentation’, thank you for getting back to me.
Unfortunately white pigmented lesions are difficult to treat as it is usually as a result of melanin depletion. The skin colour may return back to normal over time. As regards to the dry patch, this is difficult to diagnose and give an appropriate treatment over the net, but if this area is itchy it may be a form of eczema and should be easily controlled with an over the counter steroid cream. If however, this concerns you, you should see your GP or dermatologist.