Question
Posted by: Lyn | 2007/04/20

fungus on finger nails

Hallo I have just been to my local doctor and have fungi on two of my finger nails on the right hand. He has prescribed the use of Terbicil for 2 - 3 months. My question is: what harmful side affects does this medication have? Could i only use it for 1 month, as this is quite expensive?

My other option that I want to try, is visit a health shop and see what is available?

I also have had excema periodically over the last 2 years on my right hand - this is from the use of detergents. Have started wearing gloves now.

Many thanks - Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Lyn
No for nailfungi one has to use the treatment quite long to get rid of this - hang in there and finish the course. You can also put teatree oil on the nail.