Question
Posted by: Deon | 2005/12/13

Fungus

Hi doc. I've had a fungus on my skin, my front and back, and then went to doctor who gave me 4 tablets and said i should use selsun shampoo for seven days. However i used it for seven days, but instead of leaving it on for 20 minutes or so i applied it at night and left it on and rinsed it of the next morning.

The 7 days is now complete. However, i also applied it to my neck, and on one area of my neck it burt,and now theres brownish "patch". today i went to chemist and she gave me Messoderm Cream to apply. I want to know will this cream work and remove it? also, if the fungus is now dead on my skin, will this "spots" go away or how can i get rid of it? And my skin is also dry and whitish flakes "bietjie vervel". i want to know should i just leave it like this for while and let it "vervel" as this wil take the spots away or can i apply some lotion to it. (its not sensitive or anything).

Thanks.

HI Deon,
I am not sure what the Messoderm contains - could you look on the box for me - I don't find it in my pharmaceutical book? These fungi are quite tough to get rid off and you can go on with the selsun for longer. The spots will go away but it will take a while. You could wash the dry skin with a loofah or one of those course gloves you buy at places like Clicks to get rid of the dead skin.