Question
Posted by: Hillary | 2004/11/30

Fungi

I had fungal infection twice (candida) can it be i get that from my partner or not ,

Candida can be sexually transmitted.

1
Posted by: FH | 2004/11/30

Hi there Hillary

I've done a bit of reading on the net, and apparently whenever you have a fungal infection, it is wise for you and your partner to undergo treatment otherwise you risk re-infection.

If only one of you undergo treatment then the other person could pass it back to you.

My wife has been suffering with recurrent thrush on and off for the last 3-4 years, and usually the doctor used to just prescribe an ointment and anti-biotics, and none of them ever suggested that I go onto treatment as well.

Hope this helps you.

Reply to FH