Question
Posted by: Me | 2006/11/15

Fungal Nail Infection - re question#2124

Thanks Cyberdoc
I am on the pill and cannot take the chance of getting pregnant now - are Lamasil tablets going to affect my birth control in the same way antibiotics do? (I also am VERY prone to thrush, even with taking probiotics, so I avoid antibiotics of any kind if possible.) Do I need a prescriptioin for the Lamasil tabs? Also, is the topical treatment recommended by the pharmacist accurate, i.e. safety established using Hydrogen Peroxide? Those white 'blisters" after use worry me.
Thanks for your advice Anne, I am actually already using Lizgy and have seen a slight improvement, but think I need something stronger:(
Me

Hi Me
No it won't affect your pill as this is not an antibiotic but an antifungal. Read this package insert:
http://dermnetnz.org/treatments/terbinafine.html
You will need a prescription for the tablets
I'm not to keen on the hydrogen peroxide - it kills cells..... We used it years ago to "eat away" dead cells but these days it is seldom used as it can damage sensitive tissue.

2
Posted by: Me | 2006/11/20

Thanks Cyberdoc, have stopped the peroxide - it hurts and I don't like the thought of something 'eating' my skin.....!
Anne, went and bought the warburgia - will give it a go - a lot cheaper than the Lamasil and I prefer natural if I can!
Many thanks
Me

Reply to Me
Posted by: Anne | 2006/11/16

I've had a uphill battle with thrush & athlete's foot from a huge bout of antibiotics that I had and my natural remedy pharmacy recommended Warburgia tablets - which is a supportive treatment for bacterial, fungal & yeast infections- which seems to have helped my thrush & athlete's foot to clear up along with cleaning the areas on my foot infected with athelete's foot with apple cider vinegar twice a day

Reply to Anne