Question
Posted by: Itchy & scratchy... | 2007/07/25

Fungal infections

Hi, my boyfriend broke his collar bone and with his arm being in a sling, he was hot and sweaty for 6 weeks and as a result got a fungal infection on his hand. We treated the problem with an over the counter medication, but I am fairly sure it has spread to under one of his nails, and has now re appeared in other more sensitive places on his bod - Can you reccomend a systemic anti fungal which will treat all areas for him as it is impossible for me to buy fungicidal cream by the vat and lather it all over him for several days in a row.
thanks.

Dear Itchy & Scratchy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you take an oral drug like Diflucan 150mg, as a STAT dosis. If this does not clear the fungal infection, you should consult a GP, in order for him/her to do skin scrapings to confirm the diagnosis of a fungal infection.

Kind regards