Posted by: Itchy & scratchy... | 2007/07/25

Fungal infections

Hi, my boyfriend broke his collar bone and with his arm being in a sling, he was hot and sweaty for 6 weeks and as a result got a fungal infection on his hand. We treated the problem with an over the counter medication, but I am fairly sure it has spread to under one of his nails, and has now re appeared in other more sensitive places on his bod - Can you reccomend a systemic anti fungal which will treat all areas for him as it is impossible for me to buy fungicidal cream by the vat and lather it all over him for several days in a row.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Itchy & Scratchy

Thank you for visiting

I suggest that you take an oral drug like Diflucan 150mg, as a STAT dosis. If this does not clear the fungal infection, you should consult a GP, in order for him/her to do skin scrapings to confirm the diagnosis of a fungal infection.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.