Question
Posted by: Lonestar | 2005/07/04

Frustration

Hi CS,

So I am back at work after my weeks leave, but surprisingly not very impressed with the setup. At least on the bright side I received my increase letter and it is so good. I suppose I just have to go with the flow. Ok, so I'm on a rollercoaster ride the past few weeks. Been thinking a lot lately and it is so weird that small things in life make me angry and miserable. Eventually did go for that EEG the doctor requested, but have not had time to see him for an update and results outcome. Both the neurologist and psychiatrist will now evaluate the outcome of the EEG which I think is much better. My anger outbursts are less frequent, but when I do get them I experience them in a far greater degree than before.

Only good thing about them is that I can feel it coming on and try my best to surpress them. Sleeping it off seems to help, but what can you do when you're at work, not much I suppose.

What really gets me down lately is the fact that humans can be so unkind. Even my own family tends towards this. Have to hear from my grannie that my brother is jealous because I have two kids and thus can not stand them. How can you take out your frustration on two innocent kids. It is not my fault that he has got only one child. Now they want to adopt two little boys. My daughter is crying herself to sleep every night because her uncle does not visit her. My son phoned him last night and asked him why he did not visit them as he has promised too over the weekend. His reply was that he was too busy and maybe he'll come round for a visit tonight. I dread the dissappointment if he does not pitch tonight.

Oh well I know some people will say I just have to deal with it, but it is like cancer eating away your inner being. Blood is thicker than water.

So this is about it from my side. I hope that you're coping in this cold weather and boy oh boy was it cold this morning.

Kind regards,
LS

Hi Lonestar,
One stray thought I had ( which is why it sounds like a good idea for both neurologist and psychiatrist to review the EEG ) is that I recalled that some psych medications, especially in some people, may lower one's threshold for epileptic fits, so that also would be worth taking into account. Sometimes varying one of the meds may remove the risk of further fits. ( which of course is very relevant regarding driving and similar issues ).
Good to hear that the anger outbursts are fading, too.
Blood is indeed thicker than water, but, in family terms, not always as wholesome ! Funny how we talk of "mankind", when "manunkind" could be more accurate !

1
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/04

Sibling rivalry can be very difficult - especially if its a jealous adult and not a jealous child. Perhaps you should have a heart-to-heart chat with him. Tell him that your children love him and that his behaviour towards them are affecting them deeply. And then tell him that if his behaviour towards them does not improve immensely, you will have to cut all ties between him and your children. I think it might almost be like divorce - how many people stayed together - when they would have caused much less harm to children if they had split up. Not an exact paralell, but I think the essence remains the same. Troubled relationships should either be patched properly (mostly with proper counselling) or they should be split up completely to avoid longer-term damage.

Good Luck - perhaps someone else will have a better answer.

Liza

Reply to Liza