Posted by: Fk | 2008/08/13

Frustrated single Mother

I am a single mother to a 13 year old girl. She is my only child. Of lately, she is behaving in a strange way and does not give reasons for her behaviour. She fights with her friends at school, writing hate letters and it has got to a point whereby she is bullying her classmates. I have been called into the HOD' s office 3 times in 8 days. She was given a first warning and susupended for a day. On her return to school the following day, she got herself into trouble again and I' m afraid she might be expelled.

Numerous people have spoken to her: Dad, aunt, granny and she promised to change. What is wrong with my daughter?

Expert ImageTeen expert

does her school have a counsellor, or access to counselling as I think this would be a helpful step in her speaking out about what is troubling her.

Many people in their early teens have increased anger and aggression, but unless she begins speaking to someone about this you will not relly know what is going on. Often when people express anger - especially in young people they are actually sad or unhappy about something.

I would advise that you contact the school and ask about the possibility of counselling, as until she speaks about it you will have no idea of how serious the situation is for her.

Posted by: . | 2008/08/26

She needs professional help. See a councillor

Reply to .
Posted by: FK | 2008/08/15

Thank you very much for your response.

It pours. Yesterday she was suspended pending hearing. By the look of things, it is the end of her in that schoo.

I asked the school about using their counselor, but unfortunately, the suspension letter was already on the way and they could not help me. I have since contacted a psychologist and I have a session with her on Saturday morning. In the meantime, I don' t know what to do as she is out of school and don' t know which school will accept her with a negative report.

Reply to FK