Question
Posted by: PM | 2008/01/30

Frustrated

Hi I am a bit concerned as my last period was on the 22nd December 2007. Last week I did 3 HPT on 3 consecutive dates - the first being the day after my period was due i.e. on 23rd January 2008. The tests were negative to my delight. Yesterday I did a blood test and it was still negative and I am still late. For the past week and a half, I have been experiencing symptoms of a period and my tummy is bloated. I am now stressing. What could be the problem? I am not on any contraceptive but intend going on the pill as soon as I get my period!!! Thanks..

It could be a cyst or a hormone imbalance. You should see your doctor.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2008/01/30

you'll probably find that you did't ovulate this month, that is why your period is delayed. i seriously doubt that you are pregnant. stress can also delay a period.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: 2ndtimeround | 2008/01/30

I would suggest going for a blood test. If that comes back neg as well then seeing your gynae.

Reply to 2ndtimeround