Question
Posted by: Bell | 2005/07/18

Fruit & Veg

I would like to start 5 day programme (have 5 fruits and veggies everyday) but the thing is we dont have any shops nearby and I cant go to the mall everyweek cause its expensive.
i want to know if the frozen mixed veggies are just as good as fresh veggies?

Dear Bell
If you can't buy fresh vegetables then frozen vegs are the next best solution. Although some vitamins such as vitamin C, are reduced by the freezing process, the reduction is not great and you will still be obtaining plenty of vitamins from frozen vegs. The mineral content is not affected, unless you boil the vegs in large quantities of water and discard the cooking water. Rather cook these vegs in small quantities of water and if possible use the cooking water to make a sauce.