Question
Posted by: San | 2007/12/04

Fruit Juice

Dear Diet Doc

I m following a 'balanced diet' combined with all the food groups, (well I try to make it as balanced as possible)

I would just like know, is it okay to drink fruit juice whilst trying to lose weight? I dilute my fruit juice with water. About 30% juice and the rest water. Only 100% juice... ?

Dear San
It is a good idea to dilute fruit juice with water as research shows that drinking beverages with a relatively high sugar content (in fruit juice, the sugar is mainly fructose) can contribute to weight gain. Also have only one glass of fruit juice a day.
Good luck with the diet