Question
Posted by: Worried | 2005/07/12

Fruit and Fruit juice...??

Hi Doc, can one eat Fruit and drink Fruit juice when suffering from Thrush, I am so frustrated because I do not know what to eat, it seems like it is not going away and it is so irratating the itching and burning all the time, my Doc gave me Diflucan but it did not work.....pls help me........

Dear Worried
I am not convinced that patients with Candida infections need to cut down on carbohydrates are there is no scientific proof that this makes any difference, so you can certainly eat fruit and drink fruit juices. If the Diflucan did not help then go back to the dr and ask him to send away a swab to culture the Candida that is infecting you because sometimes patients are infected with different strains that do not react to standard treatment. I would also suggest that you try using probiotics ("good bugs") to treat this problem. Buy Acidoforte or Vagiforte at a health shop. Treat oral Candida with Acidoforte and vaginal Candida with Vagiforte.
Hope you soon feel better.