Question
Posted by: Linda | 2007/08/21

Frozen Shoulder

Could too much acid in you body cause a frozen shoulder? If not, what other causes could there be? This is the second frozen shoulder in the last 4 years, but on a different side.

Linda

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Lind
No, a frozen shoulder is usually caused by a previous injury or a condition that forces you to be immobile for a while. Muscle strengthening exercise can help prevent this and I suggest you see a physiotherapist for some advice. Because of the immobilisation of the joint as it gets too stiff to move, calcium crystals may be deposited. A good orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in shoulder surgery can give you better advice on this.

1
Posted by: Ally | 2007/08/27

Hi Linda,
See my post 13/08/07.I had physio, and was also given some exercises to do 2-3times a day.
Some months ago the other shoulder started being painful, went to GP, put me on Prednisone (cortisone) and told me to caary on with excercises, as it will PREVENT the shoulder freezing. Well he was right. Now whenever I feel a slightest discomfort in a shoulder, I do the exercises, and it really does help. Doctor told me, as long as one is moving(exercising) the shoulder, it will NOT freeze up.
Good Luck

Reply to Ally