Question
Posted by: I Botha | 2007/02/24

Frozen embryos

Dear Expert

I have 3 frozen embryos from a previous IVF cycle done on Oct 2006.

I am scheduled for another treatment next cycle, using above.

I am still ovulating regularly (D21 was 41.6).

My question thus: Can I have the frozen embryos transferred (I assume after my normal ovulation) without being on any fertility medications. I am apparently producing a good womb lining during a natural, unstimulated cycle with good progesterone production.

I have blocked tubes, hence AI is out of the question.

Thank you, sir, for your help.

Dear I Botha

It is certainly possible to have the frozen embryos transferred in a natural cycle and this is commonly done in many centres worldwide. However, it would require careful monitoring of the exact day of ovulation and depending on the stage the embryos have been frozen the appropriate day of embryo transfer needs to be carefully selected.

1
Posted by: sam | 2007/02/27

I think you have better chances of success with a medicated cycle.

Reply to sam