Question
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/18

From when should i be counting?

Im not sure if anyone else besides Jackie has read any of my other postings. I have been feeling out of sorts lately, naseous and aching back and lower abdomen, headache from hell. On Sept 16th i had a period, then in oct it was late and only started 21st. I have not started my period yet. Should it have started? Or should I wait for the 21st? I want to do a hpt but not sure of when. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to see what your cycle is like over a period of at least 3 months. Then you can decide whetehr a period is late or whether your cycle is completely irregular.

4
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/18

I tried two variants of the pill, they didnt agree with me, i was bloated, had headaches, longer, heavier periods. It was awfull, also I picked up a lot of weight. I must sound like such a whiney baby. sorry. Im not having a great dy, feel really naseous and have a migrane to boot.

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: Jackie | 2004/11/18

Don't worry Kyla, if you need to put your mind at ease then call the doctor, they will not be upset with you or think that you are bugging them. Besides, even if you did not ask for a pregnancy test, it probably shows up on the results anyway. Calm down, you and your boyfriend did take the necessary precautions, so I think you should be fine. Would you not consider going on oral contraception, in that way you can make doubly-sure that you will not fall pregnant unless you want to.

Reply to Jackie
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/18

Thanks Jackie, its just really bugging me, i dont want to call and ask, i didnt ask for her to do the test. When she took the blood, it was for free radical/hormone test, and the urine was for her to see what type of anti biotics she shold be treating the bladder infection with.

Reply to Kyla
Posted by: Jackie | 2004/11/18

Hi Kyla

When I saw your heading, I thought you were pregnant. Lets hear what the more experienced women would say, but I think you should wait till the 21st. Bear in mind, you were quite ill due to the infection, and you are probably still suffering from it. If you feel you have to know ASAP, maybe give your gynae a call, the blood test would reveal if you are pregnant.

Reply to Jackie